Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday Adventure in Capac

Like most people I decided to spend this 4th of July weekend with my family. Home, for me, is a 8 miles outside a little town called Capac. It is about as far as you can get from life in Ann Arbor and still stay in the state of michigan. From the middle of a college town to the middle of nowhere, the weekend was full of adventures with my family and neighbors.

Adventure July 3rd. My brother cousins and I are lighting off some preliminary fireworks in our drive way, when we see a huge plume of smoke in the distance. My cousins and I take off running across the field and through some weeds to check it out. We stop just short of the tree line on the other side of the field, where we are able to see a massive bonfire twenty feet tall. Realizing it wasn’t a forest fire we quickly left because we were in fact trespassing.

Lost in Translation (Capac)
Neighbor- A person or persons living within a mile or so (walking distance) of your residence.

Drive way- A gravely stretch at least 150 feet long and sometimes reaching ¼ of a mile.

Weeds- Plants of an aggressive nature reaching a minimum of four feet in height

No comments:

Post a Comment